Please use the checklist below to distinguish whether an outage is a local Wi-Fi or infrastructure problem or an connectivity issue with EF Class:
- What classroom is this problem occurring in? Have additional problems been reported there?
- Are the users connected to the right WIFI network?
- Are the users using the correct credentials to connect to the WIFI network?
- Can they access other websites?
- Is it just a class or the whole school that is having problems logging in / working with the apps
Have you introduced changes?
- Have you installed any new network components (i.e. Access points, proxies, routers, etc.)?
- Have you installed any new software (i.e. Anti-virus, browser extensions, ad blockers, etc.)?
Does your school have connectivity? Try accessing the following addresses:
Check that the web applications are available (it may be a local problem):
Use the app - do these functionalities work for you?
- Can you start a lesson with your Local IT teacher account?
- Can you join that lesson with your Local IT student account? (use incognito mode or another browser to have both accounts logged in)
- Can you send / queue items from teacher app and receive them in student app?
If you followed these steps and you couldn’t get it to work, here is what we’ll need to help us fix the issue as soon as possible:
- emails of the teachers that are experiencing the problem
- names of the student classes that are experiencing the problem
- what devices are these users using?
-- iPads? what iOS version? what iPad hardware version? what EFClass app version?
-- Computers? what Operating System version? what hardware model?
- What time was the issue detected?